One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid Book Review

 One True Loves 

By Taylor Jenkins Reid 


Published Year: June 2016

Page Count; 327 pages 

Medium Used: Paperback

Genre: Drama, Contemporary Fiction, Romance, Young Adult, Suspense, Coming of Age, 2026-read.

Rating : 4.85/5 😎 😄 😄 😄 




A woman torn between two true loves. She has to choose whom to spend the rest of her life with. One of the guys was her former husband, her sincere and best friend for over ten years and whom everyone thought perished in a helicopter crash. The other is someone who had crush on her before she met her husband and with whom she rekindles an affair after all this time. I wonder what would have happened and whom she would have chosen and appeased if they both wanted her equally. But as it happens, they are both kind and smart enough to let go when it mattered and hand the choice to her alone. I loved that the most about this book. It is not everyday that a woman gets two incredibly amazing guys, both rooting and wanting her. Her husband, Jesse, loved her wild side and her fiance/boyfriend, Sam, loves her simple and routine life where they can settle down and reminisce the events of an uneventful day. 


The aspect of her wildness is no longer a part of her life and does she go back to it? Her parents always wanted her to take over their bookstore which she does after her husband is presumed dead. She learns how to play piano, how to fall in love with cats from Sam. He gives her a stable and reliable life which is shaken to its roots when Jesse comes back to life, from beyond his grave, so to speak. I know I am being overly dramatic here. Haha. So the fact is he has never died and only lived and escaped with the hope of getting back with his wife. We can clearly see how much of a burden this places on Emma. I was scratching my head wondering how she will get past him if at all possible! Here, there is Sam offering everything she wants. There is Jesse bringing all his immense obsession and love onto her shoulders. I wondered if she was gonna get crushed under the dual pressure. 


Taylor Jenkins Reid is an amazing talent and kept me hooked all along. I was very invested in the life of Emma and was screaming inside when I felt like she was making a wrong choice, taking a wrong turn. I was flushed with happiness and it seemed the only option for her when she did do whatever she had to. I read this book real fast because I was so engrossed, I lost track of time and page number. A must read for all romance lovers. It is also a story which imparts a great message. That we come across many true loves in life but whom we pick at the moment depends on our own vision for future and state of being at that particular point. I incurred that couples who spend years and years together can only do it with both of them evolving together. There is no other way a relationship, of any kind, sustains long periods of same routine.


Must read. Cheers. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson Book Review

A Journey Through Time by H.G Tannhaus Book Review

The Widow by John Grisham Book Review